Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

On the Road

Sorry there haven't been any posts, but my dog and I are driving from Michigan to San Diego California. It's not the first time we have done this drive and each time I am struck by the diversity and the sameness of our country. I say diversity and sameness because what I see is a lesson in non-duality which is essential to living our zen practice. So many different faces, accents, views, yet we are all the same if you strip those identities away. How vast is this land, yet how small some of the villages I pass. Some are no more than a couple of run down houses. And, in those houses, whether in the small village or sprawling city, the people face the same issues, share the same fears, share pain and joy.  A vast land with myriad small teachings.

No comments:

Post a Comment