Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Be the Middle

I overheard someone today complaining about how they didn't get what they wanted. It was a trivial thing no matter how you looked at it. They were ranting so that anyone within ear-shot could hear. It was clear that this person had a strong sense of entitlement and that the person who stood between them and the object they sought was the target of their anger and the object the target of their greed. But, what was really behind the rant was the dissatisfaction they were experiencing because they could not have what they wanted. I wondered what would happen if they had succeeded. What would they want next? It was a living example of the workings of the ego---workings that I am all too familiar with and workings that I battle daily. I wanted to share the following with the person I encountered this morning, but they were in no mood to listen. So I will share it with you instead in hopes that it may bring some insight into your day.

between left and right,
just be exactly centered,
suspended like sun and moon
without any self

Guanzi

No comments:

Post a Comment